Lace front wigs are popular because of their adaptability and realism. The front lace resembles a natural hairline, allowing you to draw the wig away from your face in various hairstyles. Apply Lace Front Wig is simple and quick to put on a lace front wig. First, prepare your skin and flatten your hair. Next, tweak the wig by tightening the straps and trimming the lace. Finally, pull on your wig and add any glue or wig tape. You may style your wig as you like once it is neatly organized!
Apply Lace Front Wig
Perform a skin test.
Some people are allergic to the chemicals used to secure a wig. Perform a skin test to discover whether you are allergic. Dab a little quantity of liquid glue or double-sided wig tape onto the back of your hand to begin. After that, keep an eye on the glue for at least 24 hours.
- If the skin gets red or inflamed, replace it with hypoallergenic wig tape or glue.
- You can securely wear the wig if your skin is untouched.
Make your hair flat.
The nicer the wig will seem, the flatter your hair is against your skull. Short hair may be braided into corn rows or moulded against your skull with gel and bobby pins. Tie your lengthy hair in a low ponytail first. Wrap the ponytail into a flat bun and pin it down with bobby pins.
- Allow any gel or hairspray to dry completely before proceeding.
Wear a stocking cap.
This is third step of Apply Lace Front WigStocking caps, also known as wig caps, are soft caps that flatten your hair and keep your wig in place. Pull the stocking cap on gently, careful not to disturb your flattened hair. Adjust the cap so that it just touches your hairline.
- Skip this step if you have little to no hair. The hat will move about your head and gather up under your wig if you don’t.
- Make sure all of your hair, including the hair on the nape of your neck, is tucked into this hat.
Prepare your skin
Wash your skin gently with a mild cleanser and pat it dry with a towel. After that, apply rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and run it through your hairline. This will get rid of any extra oils on your skin. If you have sensitive skin, after applying the rubbing alcohol, add a scalp-protecting serum.
- Allow the serum to completely dry before proceeding.
- Scalp-protecting serums are available at wig supply stores and online.
Test the fit of the wig
Make sure the wig fits properly before applying any adhesives. Place the wig on your head and align it with your natural hairline. If the wig contains internal tightening straps, you may need to adjust them for a perfect fit. If the wig does not fit and there are no tightening straps, contact the manufacturer for assistance.
- The wig is excessively tight if you feel a significant pressure ring around your scalp. Adjust the straps gently.
- The wig is too loose if it moves about when you move your head. Adjust the straps.
Trim the lace
Once the wig is fitted correctly, you must trim the lace. Pull your hair away from your face with a couple clips. Trim the lace along your natural hairline with sharp pinking shears. Leave around 1/8 inch (3 mm) of lace at the end. This is only necessary the first time you wear the wig.
- Some wigs do not require trimming before wearing. There is minimal to no lace at the front of these wigs.
- Pinking shears are available at sewing supply stores.
Take the wig off and set it away.
Carefully remove the wig, leaving all of the clips in place, and place it on a clean, flat surface. Arrange the wig, so it’s clear which parts go on the hairline and which go on the nape of the neck.
- It is too tight if you have to adjust any straps to remove the wig.
Wig tape should be used
Make six to ten little wig tape pieces. Then, using the little pieces of tape, line your hairline by placing the adhesive side against your skin. While doing this, use a mirror to ensure an equal hairline. After applying the tape, remove the thick foam cushioning to show the opposite side of the tape.
- Check that all of the pieces are touching. Otherwise, you risk having gaps in your hairline.
- Wig tape is available at wig supply stores and online.
Make use of liquid glue
If you don’t want to use wig tape, you may use liquid lace adhesive. Use a clean makeup brush to apply the glue in a thin line down your hairline. You may need to wait a few minutes before wearing your wig, depending on the type of glue.
- Allow the soft bond adhesive to cure long enough to become sticky before adding the wig.
- You may attach the wig immediately if you use strong bond glue.
Pull the wig on with care. To begin, tweak the wig’s edge so that the hairlines match. Adjust the wig’s back so that it hangs naturally over your hair. Finally, push the wig’s lace into the glue or wig tape.
- It becomes tough to remove when you push the lace into the glue or wig tape. Before doing so, make sure that the wig is completely positioned.
Style your hair
You may use conventional brushes, hot style tools, and hair products on your human hair wig. Avoid using conventional brushes and hot styling equipment on your synthetic wig. Instead, fix your hair with a wide-toothed comb or wig brush.