How to care for your Unit
1. Keep the hair clean. We suggest that you wash the hair at least once or twice every 2 weeks with warm or cold water. Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, and etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle faster. If the hair feels dry or heavy with build up, wash it with good shampoo & conditioner.
2. Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. You must gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair. If the hair is very dry and a lot of water is added at once, hair will swell up like sponge and tangle! Therefore, it is important to gradually wet the hair and brush it.
3. After wetting the hair, add shampoo and conditioner and brush thoroughly. Be sure to wash and brush the hair in one direction. Rinse the hair completely with water and towel dry. It is best to air dry the hair but you can also blow-dry with low to medium heat.
4. Make sure you brush the hair daily and apply some leave-in conditioners so that the hair is soft and moist. A good leave-in hair treatment can keep the hair from drying. But remember not to put too much otherwise there will be a build up and make the hair feel too heavy. If the hair feels too dry or heavy with too much hair care products, you should wash the hair completely by following steps 2 and 3.
5. When swimming, always wear a cap to prevent prolong exposure to chlorine or salt water which causes the hair to tangle. Always wash the hair right away with shampoo and conditioner after swimming in both types of water. When going to the spa, the hair should be brushed out completely and should be wrapped in a cold wet towel.
6. Make a couple of big braids when going to sleep, swim, or exercise (please untangle the hair before making the braids). NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.
7. You can also make a leave-in conditioner at home by diluting conditioner (10%) with water (90%). Apply the mixture lightly onto your hair and brush the hair from the end to the top near the scalp. Although it is important to apply leave-in conditioners to keep the hair from dryness, it is important to keep the hair clean by washing the hair about twice a week so that it will not create a build up.
8. It would be advisable NOT TO TINT, COLOR, PERM OR DO ANY EXTRA CHEMICAL PROCESSES because it has already been treated. Please be extra careful with blonde and other light colored hair. They are more chemically processed than the dark hair. Therefore, we will not be responsible for the outcome.
To keep hair from dryness, please apply olive oil two to three times weekly prior to shampooing. Olive oil left on the hair overnight on the ends only is very effective. Remember Lace Front Wig hair does not have the benefit of your own natural scalp oils, so olive oil will help to replace those necessary oils in the hair shaft.
Hair Care and Washing to Keep Hair fresh and Tangle Free
Use high-end products designed for Caucasian hair like Aveda and Nexxus etc.
Remove unit and place on a Styrofoam mannequin. Rinse hair in the same direction as the flow of the water. Apply shampoo/conditioner in hands, lather and pat on the hair. Use a large tooth comb or wig brush and distribute shampoo/conditioner on the hair. Rinse the hair in the same direction of the water.. NEVER RUB THE HAIR TOGETHER this will cause tangles and matting. Allow the hair to dry and style as usual.
Wash your unit underneath the water spout with cool water. We don't recommend the swishing the unit in a bowl wash. We find that keeping it on the wig head and running your fingers thru as I shampoo and condition is best to keep it from tangling while washing.
You then put the hair under the water, put some shampoo in the hair, and gently run your fingers thru the unit onto the hair. I rinse the hair, press with a the towel to get some of the water out. Put some leave in conditioner, comb thru the hair with a wide-tooth comb. Let air dry.
All of the Following Can Cause Premature and Excessive Hair Loss:
Excessive Combing or Brushing will ultimately break off hair and cause premature thinning of the hair replacement.
Unattended Matting And Tangling
Left uncorrected, excessive matting and tangling that is then removed forcefully will tighten the matted hair and tear out the hair.
From pillows or overly aggressive shampooing will break off the hair and thin and tear out the hair.
This will damage the integrity of the hair, especially in lighter colored hair replacements, and will lead to accelerated hair breakage and thinning.
Conditioners Remaining In The Root Area
This is probably the single largest factor creating major, ongoing, irreversible hair loss. Conditioners that are allowed to be absorbed onto the base and gather around the root system will ultimately prevent the root system from pivoting 360 degrees allowing for hair loss in your hair replacement. Conditioners must be rinsed out completely to avoid the breakage of the root system. Read your care instructions carefully to learn the proper application and removal for conditioning
If tangling from excessive friction occurs, comb it out immediately and gently with our rotating tooth comb, using a small amount of our Detangler or conditioner. Try using a silk or satin pillow case to avoid the friction of cotton pillowcases. If you must go swimming in chlorinated water, immediately rinse your hair when leaving the pool, then gently shampoo and condition with recommended products. For coloring and perming, try using "Semi Permanent" colors that use little or no peroxide. Always use perms designed for processed hair and to always air oxidize. Avoid using too much conditioner, apply it onto your palms and fingertips first, then apply it to your hair keeping the conditioner away form the root and base area of your hair, and then rinse the conditioner thoroughly